From the day we become parents we are given a secret mission to complete. That mission is to create a world of imagination for our children to experience believing in the magic of Christmas. But what happens on the day our little one comes to us to question whether Santa Claus is real. What will you say?
This is where these two little elves are here to help. The idea is that they are a representation of you, the parents. Yep, from now on, you are officially a wooden elf! Here’s how it works:
1. Firstly, it’s up to you to name the elves. On The Letter for Small People included in your pack, fill in the gaps with your child’s name followed by your chosen elf names.
2. Next, use The Letter for Small People to introduce the elves to your little one, then hang up the elves in your home. Bring the elves out at Christmas every year.
3. When your little one reaches the age where they discover the secrets of Christmas and Santa, in what could be years to come, read The Special Secret Letter to them. The letter will help them to understand that they’ve entered a new chapter of Christmas. They’ll realise how you, their parents, have always been there keeping the spirit of Christmas alive, and how they are now in on this adult secret with a newfound responsibility to help other small people believe in the magic of Christmas.
• 2 x wooden elf decorations (1 boy 'merry christmas' and 1 girl 'santa, stop here')
• 1 x A5 map illustration (instructions for parents)
• 2 A4 letters (both printed on 250gsm card, folded into A5 envelopes - 1 brown kraft, 1 sage green)
• Letter 1: The Letter for Small People is for children to open on December 1st
• Letter 2: The Special Secret Letter is for you to keep hold of for when your child is older and has discovered the secrets of Santa
DETAILS (elf decorations)
• Colour: natural wood - the grain of wood changes on each sheet the elves are cut from so the colour of each one may differ, adding character and making each set completely unique
• Dimensions: Height 14cm
• Material: 3mm birch plywood
• Raffia attached ready for hanging, finished with a wooden bead
• Wrapped in Christmas tissue paper
• Decoration only