We'd love for our planet to be a greener, more sustainable place for our little ones to grow up on.
A healthy & happy planet
When Paper & Bean® started in 2019, we took the time to research (a lot!) into the suppliers we use for printing and packaging to make sure they follow our sustainability and ethical values of reducing our impact on the environment.
• Our wall art is printed using vegetable-based, vegan friendly inks onto FSC Certified papers
The printing company we work with in the UK uses sustainable processes and materials and is FSC Certified, ISO 9001 Certified, ISO 14001 Certified and 100% Green Energy Certified. They are also affiliated with the Woodland Trust Carbon Capture Scheme and Forest Carbon and all of the paper they use is Zero Carbon.
• Our wooden products are cut from environmentally-friendly FSC Certified natural birch plywood
Our detailed designs are laser cut onto FSC Certified natural birch plywood by a couple of other small UK businesses that we work with to produce our wooden products.
• All of our wall prints are packaged in fully biodegradable and compostable biofilm
Our biofilm bags have been accredited to ‘OK biobased’ and DIN EN13432. They're made from annually renewable PLA derived from corn / potato starch, which means they break down to CO2, water and compost that can then be reused in the eco system to make new plants - yay! This will happen during at home composting but the process is much quicker in commercial composting or landfill.
• All of our other products are packaged in either Geami kraft paper wrap or vegan tissue paper
Geami wrap is a die-cut kraft paper alternative to bubble wrap. Our vegan tissue is made up of 99% recycled pulp fibres; approximately 35% of the electricity used to make it is produced from renewable sources.
• Your orders are shipped in a 100% recyclable kraft mailing box or biodegradable mailing bag
Our mailing bags are made from a compostable starch-based polymer, complying with the European compostable standard EN13432.
• All of our branded promotional material is printed on recyclable paper
Did you know?
Even the stamp we use to stamp our logo is made from sustainable and ethically-sourced beech wood. The actual stamp part is made from polymer which, compared to natural rubber, the manufacturing process uses around 95% less electricity, produces about 67% less waste material and there are no noxious fumes produced. Hooray!